Thursday, May 25, 2006

Our first date


Well, here's the day our lives changed forever ... for the better! This is Erin and Rich on their first "date," a drive to the Lost 40 park in northern Minnesota for a hike through the woods.

After we met online and communicated via computer and telephone for a while, I invited Erin to meet me at the Gordon Cabin on Bowstring Lake on July 4, 2003. She agreed, and this cute nurse from Fargo drove through the night (with Max the Lab along for protection) to meet me at the scary rest stop in Cass Lake. From there, I led Erin along the back roads to the cabin, where we arrived after midnight.

We chatted around the campfire, and the next day Erin and Max met Mom and Dad Gordon. We spent a great weekend getting to know each other better, and Erin and I found we got along great and had a lot of the same interests. We sailed, water-skied, boated and spent time in the sunshine. A great beginning!

No comments: