Sunday, August 20, 2006

End of an era


It was a bittersweet day Wednesday, Aug. 16 ... I helped mom and dad move their belongings out of the old Gordon family home in Richfield, and we drove away for the last time. The house where we lived for some 27 years will be razed to make way for a new Super Target. Still, mom and dad are now freed from having two houses and can focus on their retirement home on Bowstring.

Here's how the house looked on that last day. Dad removed many of the windows from the house so he could install them in his workshop up north. So we had to board up the house so nobody could get inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just starting to cry when I saw this pic of the house, then I looked below and saw the "Bouncing Baby Girl" and cracked up with laughter!! Made me realize the past is gone, the future is great...

Thanks for posting the pics!

Anonymous said...

omg, I didn't know this. How ironic that it will be replaced by a Target! Best to all of you. Cousin Valerie